sothpaw

possible Java command line switches issue?

Question

We are running CM 2012 on our network. We have about 400 users or so that use this website: https://amex.iers.ihost.com/mlurLogin.jsp?E=0 to reconcile American Express transactions. American Express is finally on the ball and whenever there's a new version of Java that comes up that make sure that a user is using the latest version of it.

I know how to run the installer for x86 and x64 versions of Java, and then go extract the MSI installers then package that information into CM 2012. What happens is a user will log into the Amex site and right after that a Java application gets launched.

I've always built my java packages to run silently with no notifications during the middle of the night, so less people are likely to have Internet Explorer 9 open/running. What's happening is that some people never ever have any problems once CM 2012 pushes out the new version of Java. Then there's the people that it was sucessful, but then after it's work for a day or two then quits working for whatever reason. It's those machines I'm concerned about.

Here's what I've done:

Java Version 7.0.25

CM 2012 install switches: msiexec /i jre1.7.0_25.msi /quiet /norestart ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 NETSCAPE=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0

I've created a custom task sequence with this information:

1. XCOPY ".\*.*" %temp% /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

2. cscript.exe MSIUninstallFromUpgradeCode.vbs /UpgradeCode:{57BDA5C6-443C-4D65-B233-2823932170FF} this is for x86

3. cscript.exe MSIUninstallFromUpgradeCode.vbs /UpgradeCode:{57BDA5C6-443C-4D65-B233-2823964170FF} this is for x64

4. XCOPY ".\*.*" %temp% /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

5. msiexec /i jre1.7.0_25.msi /quiet /norestart ADDLOCAL=ALL IEXPLORER=1 NETSCAPE=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress JAVAUPDATE=0

Basically this will uninstall the old version of java and then install the new version of Java.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet