mmeiklejohn

How to add sysprep info to a deployment image

I've read in previous posts about adding sysprep information (specifically updateinstalleddrivers=yes) to the "Apply Operating System" task.

Is that done by checking the "Use an unattended or Sysprep answer file for a custom installation" box? That would make sense, but it's looking for a package, not just a bare file. However, if I try to create an application or package for deployment, it's looking for an msi file. Do I have to create an msi file that contains only the sysprep.inf file? If so, how do I create that msi file without having Wise, InstallShield, etc.?

Hi,

If what you need is an "unattend" or "sysprep" file, create an unattend.xml (or sysprep.xml) file for W7 and W8. For XP, it must .txt file if I remember well. Create a package with sources but no program and put your file in the sources.

Then in the "Apply Operating System" task select your package in "Package".

In "File name" put the name of the file in your package, for example : unattend.xml or sysprep.xml

Then try it. (don't forget to deploy the package on your DP)

Thib

Recommended reading:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/systemcenter/en-US/d449f6a5-0dc8-44e0-90b6-e64b274b6ee3/changing-os-regional-settings-using-task-sequence-variables-during-os-deployment

I insert variables into the unattend file, and set the variables in Task Sequences.

I prefer to "gather" all settings in the sccm admin console, less to search throught when debugging.

Raymond

Someone knows how to change the spelling options on this editor?