TheHasselhoff

SCCM2012 w/ MDT - network boot for OSD no longer works

Hello all - hoping someone can help!

We have been getting SCCM2012 (with MDT) set up for a few months now, and all has been well. I have been trying to finish up the OSD portion now. It was working well, except for some driver issues. I ended up having to remove all of the drivers in the system for a clean start, and we also rebooted our DP. I started adding drivers back in, and all seemed well again.

However, our USB boot drives no longer work. (We do not use PXE. But our USB drives have always worked well.) When it boots up, it sits at the cmd window for cscript.exe, and never passes it. (If I do that trick from Part 18 of removing that, so that it doesn't ask for ComputerName, then it just reboots.) I can F8 and see that I have a network connection.

I have completely remade the MDT packages, and the boot image/USB-drives. I also wiped out the task sequences and made a new one, remade my boundary groups & device collections, etc. No effect. We rebooted all of the servers involved, no effect.

I have attached the smsts.log, for reference.

My server team is at a loss, and so am I.

Any help would be INCREDIBLY appreciated!

Thank you!

JP

smsts.log

I put the x64 and x86 unknown computers in the collection.

Beginning to think it has something to do with getting an IP. When I bring up F8, I don't get an IP until after the system wants to reboot (our network administrators have something set on all switches, that now makes computers take 5 seconds or so to get an IP). So, by the time the IP is given out, the script has already errored out.

Once I have an IP, I can ping the MP FQDN without issue.

Thing is, this wasn't an issue until we rebooted our DP :(