surferstylee

SCCM 2012 SP1 - Add Custom Data trough Console (or other alternatives)?

Hi All:

I have a client that is currently using VMware vCenter Configuration Manager. They are looking to convert over to SCCM 2012 SP1 assuming they can maintain some key functionality. What I am down to is the ability they currently have in VCM to input custom information/data (i.e. server owner, etc) directly into the console. Does ANYone know of a way to accomplish this in SCCM 2012? I have racked my brain trying to find somewhere to do so.

If this is absolutely impossible, I am then looking at what other options there may be. One option that comes to mind would be the "Managed By" tab in AD. If i suggest they utilize this second option, how and where can I get this to populate in the console of SCCM???

Any insight or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

~marc

• Like 1

I think the AD route is your best bet and then pick the Active Directory Attributes you want to gather during polling, but this will only work if you use Active Directory System Discovery.

Then you can use that data to display the managed by.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/bb632952.aspx

It's a bit more work, but yes, you can also utilize WMI and/or the registry. It can even be done by extending the Hardware Inventory with custom classes. The only down-side is, if you can even call it a down-side, it's not possible to show that information directly in the console. It can be used in queries and reports.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply Peter. I plaid with the AD this AM by adding in the additional attributes and re-ran the discover (pulling in the newly created/discovered data). the only thing remaining is the presentation of the data. I am looking for reports that can retrieve the data but it is looking more and more like i am going to have to create a custom solution there.