Wayne

Move from RIS deployment

Question

We have been using RIS for the last 3 years to deploy our XP SP2 fat images. I have been looking at WDS and now BDD. I like the look of BDD and would like to upgrade, my question.

1. Can I install BDD on my RIS server and just create a new deployment share along side MY RIS share

2. Can I still use my RIS images and RIS server while I start to create my new images in BDD like you can with WDS in mixed mode.

3. Can I convert my RIS images to use within BDD

Wayne

1 answer to this question

hi, I hope you are aware that BDD has now been replaced by MDT 2008 (microsoft deployment toolkit)

I havnt used RIS for quite some time now, but I'll try and answer the below from memory (i could be wrong, you'll find out soon enough)

1. Can I install BDD on my RIS server and just create a new deployment share along side MY RIS share

yes you can

2. Can I still use my RIS images and RIS server while I start to create my new images in BDD like you can with WDS in mixed mode.

yes

3. Can I convert my RIS images to use within BDD

yes

cheers

anyweb