deconinckg

Deployment of software not working?

Question

I'm not sure if it works or not. But i followed the guidelines, made the shedule. I also made sure the collection all systems has been seletec and i added the pc with guid and mac to that collection.

Still i don't see annything on our client that it installs the application. Is there anything that needs to be setup appart from the http://www.windows-noob.com/fotums/index.php?showtopic=511

Or anything we can use a log-view to see if something is happeneing or not (in this case).

Greetings

I'm not sure if it works or not. But i followed the guidelines, made the shedule. I also made sure the collection all systems has been seletec and i added the pc with guid and mac to that collection.

Still i don't see annything on our client that it installs the application. Is there anything that needs to be setup appart from the http://www.windows-noob.com/fotums/index.php?showtopic=511

Or anything we can use a log-view to see if something is happeneing or not (in this case).

Greetings

Folow this http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=499

When you did the advertisement, click on software distribution and then on advertisement.

Normally your program will be in there, if not press F5.

Check the properties.

post-2136-1241629705_thumb.jpg

post-2136-1241629727_thumb.jpg

post-2136-1241629742_thumb.jpg

post-2136-1241629754_thumb.jpg

If I configure it like this, it appear in 5 to 10 min.

Check also this :-)

In the Site database --> Site Management --> your Site --> Site Settings --> Client Agents, in there take the proprties of the Computer Client Agent and set the polling iterval at 15 min.

post-2136-1241630659_thumb.jpg

Take a look in the control panel, there has to be 4 extra icons.

post-2136-1241696147_thumb.jpg

If they are not there you have to push the client installation by configuring the Client Push installation in the site settings --> Client installation Methods :P

Take a look in the control panel, there has to be 4 extra icons.

post-2136-1241696147_thumb.jpg

If they are not there you have to push the client installation by configuring the Client Push installation in the site settings --> Client installation Methods :P

I have those icons on the test-machine. So it does seem like it should be ok. But still i can't deploy that software.

if client= no then nothing will install, you must install the client properly.... if the ConfigMgr client appears to be installed on the client then you'll need to initiate a Data Discovery Cycle on the client, open the configMgr client, click on Actions, and click on Data Discovery....

cheers

anyweb

Sorry for the late response, but here it is.

The ConfigManager is installed on the client, except that in the actions pane i only see 3 things I can initiate:

- Machine Policy Retrieval & Evalutation Cycle

- Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle

- User Policy Retrieval & Evalutation Cycle

I don't see the "Data Discovery Cycle" in the action pane. Can I enable this feature somewhere? I followed the manual about inserting the Configuration Manager as you showed but seems i'm missing atleast something.

Dear anyweb,

Sorry for the late response, but i tried initiating that Machine Policy interval & Evalutaion Cycle, but nothing happenes except for a screen that says it is initiated.

So after a while i tried refreshing window to see if it comes up but nothing is added.

I do know I have the following in the event viewer from the sccm server. Not entirely sure if that is related to eachother.

On 05/25/09 13:24:38, component SMS_STATE_MIGRATION_POINT on computer * reported: SMP Control Manager detected SMP is not responding to HTTP requests. The http status code and text is 500, Internal Server Error.

Possible cause: Internet Information Services (IIS) isn't configured to listen on the ports over which SMS is configured to communicate.

Solution: Verify that the designated Web Site is configured to use the same ports which SMS is configured to use.

Possible cause: The designated Web Site is disabled in IIS.

Solution: Verify that the designated Web Site is enabled, and functioning properly.

Possible cause: The SMS ISAPI Application Identity does not have the requisite logon privileges.

Solution: Verify that the account that the SMS ISAPI is configured to run under has not been denied batch logon rights through group policy.

For more information, refer to Microsoft Knowledge Base.

hey

your management point isnt working almost for sure(error 500 on http for smp)

check iis and its configuration and pre-requesities

so you need to look at that before anything else otherwise no policies will go down to the clients.

you can check many logs but pay attention to mpcontrol.log on the server to get the exact error(probably 500 there)