deconinckg

Deployment of software not working?

Question

I'm not sure if it works or not. But i followed the guidelines, made the shedule. I also made sure the collection all systems has been seletec and i added the pc with guid and mac to that collection.

Still i don't see annything on our client that it installs the application. Is there anything that needs to be setup appart from the http://www.windows-noob.com/fotums/index.php?showtopic=511

Or anything we can use a log-view to see if something is happeneing or not (in this case).

Greetings

Thx turbomcp,

Well concerning the errors I had I have fixed them. Seemed that my WebDaV settings were set to standard configuration. I had to rechange it all and apply the settings once again. Error is gone now after resetting all my counters and monitoring for a few moments.

Now I wonder to use the Machine Policy Retrieval it says: running action, this can take a few minutes. But nothing really happens. My clients are still not able to get application deployments independantly from the deployment of application with the OS Deployment. So i know my applaications are working fine and DP's should be ok to. Its just that this advertisement doesn't seem to work like i had hoped it would :(

I don't see any errors, and I wonder if you can check if client makes communication once it runs an action. To see what happens.

on the client side verify (for testing) that the firewall is off.

on the client side do an nslookup test to verify that there are NO dns issues

on the server side verify in ConfigMgr all systems collection that the client you are trying to push software to is listed as Client=Yes and Approved=Yes

cheers

anyweb

on the client side verify (for testing) that the firewall is off.

on the client side do an nslookup test to verify that there are NO dns issues

on the server side verify in ConfigMgr all systems collection that the client you are trying to push software to is listed as Client=Yes and Approved=Yes

cheers

anyweb

To revive this topic i would like to know one more thing i have seen. To get Configuration Manager working to deploy software only, do we need to have WINS server to get this going?

I have seen a topic somewhere that refered me to the following website of Microsoft. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb632567.aspx

I do have to tell that I did extend the Active Directory on our DC. We work with DC and DHCP on one machine + SCCM on another stand alone server. I just wish it was possible to deploy software also on the normal way if one user in the company or all need a new kind of installation on their desktops.

I already tried turning of Windows Firewall, and found out when i want to run Autodiscover that it doesn't work. Can you please let me know if WINS is indeed needed for software deployment to work?

Thx in advance.

no you don't need WINS and have you checked one other thing

Timezone !

make sure your timezone on the client pc's matches your server