ginger

Deploy Windows 7 with MS office 2010

Question

I could not find any demo or documents about how to deploy Windows 7 enterprise with MS office 2010 and other standard applications together in an image by using SCCM 2012.

Need step by step instruction to do this.

Appreciate your reply and help.

5 answers to this question

oh by the way.. its available on this website as well , check out the guides shared in this forum by anyweb

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8101-using-system-center-2012-configuration-manager-part-13-deploying-windows-8-x64-with-custom-start-screen/

go at the end of the page to see the install application in task sequence editor

diclosure statment. I am the SCCM person where I work but I dont have much time to work with it so sometimes I feel like I am using a hammer to install screws but here is another approach.

I have not been using the task sequence to deploy office. We have all identical computers.

We configured a single computer exactly like we want it. With Office and any other app.

Then using a CD that sccm 2012 created we create a WIM file.

Software Library->Operating Systems ->(right click on)Task Sequence ->Create Task Sequence Media->Capture media->CD/DVD set(then name the Media file)->select boot media and distribution point

then after the media is created you will need to burn a cd or dvd and use that to create a WIM file from the computer you just configured.

!!!! A word of warning. Once you create the WIM file using the CD you will destroy the image currently on the computer and if something is wrong you will have to start over. The first time I did this I redid the image about 5 or 6 times. I am getting a bit better now.

The WIM file is stored on the machine you used to create the WIM file.

this file is uploaded to a location on SCCM and it is used to create an Operating System Image.

The Operating system image is then used to make a Task Sequence.

I have tried many alternate processes but this has been the most reliable.

I would love to hear if others disagree and where. Anything I can do to make my process smoother is appreciated.

Well there are always different procedures available to accomlish something.

Personally, I dont believe in inceasing load on the OS image and rather keep it simple.

Adding applications through TS gives a flexibilty to ammend it as an when required .