anyweb

Windows 7 Release Candidate Released to Public

A little earlier than expected, Microsoft has already released the Windows 7 release candidate to the general public. The Redmond company had already put the RC up for download on TechNet and MSDN, but from now on, everyone can download it. I've already updated all my Windows machines to the RC, so let's take a quick look at what I found. Note: The Windows XP Mode beta is also set to arrive today, but has not yet been made available. We'll update this item accordingly once it's released. Update: The Windows XP Mode beta is also available. Get it now!

First of all, Microsoft asks you to not perform an upgrade from the Windows 7 beta to the new release candidate. It's technically possible, but it's a scenario the company has not tested, and as such, it may result in bugs and other unexpected behaviour. They advise you to do a clean installation of the release candidate, but if you want to help Microsoft make the upgrade experience smoother, you can also opt to install Vista first, and then choose the upgrade option. The gathered telemetry could help in improving the upgrade process in the final release.

more > http://www.osnews.com/story/21434/Windows_...eased_to_Public

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.