ssbn506

users get a prompt when opening office to activate it

Question

Hi everyone.

I have setup sccm 2012 to do a silent install of office 2010 x32 when users are logged off their computer. I used OCT to configure the office settings. The deployment works for the most part. It will uninstall the old office 2007 then install the next office 2010. Everything works but one thing. All the users get a prompt when opening office for the first time to activate it.

I have tried two methods to solve this using the oct. The first was in the office customization tool under modify setup properties to add AUTO_ACTIVATE with a value or 1. This did not work . I then went to add installations and run programs and added the following.

Target:[windowsfolder]\system32\cscript

Arguments:"c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft office\office14\ospp.vbs" /act

Still no luck.

What makes this even stranger is if I run the install from the sccm shared location by hand from \\serv0XX\Sources\APPS\Office 2010 x32\setup.exe it installs the software and activates it. So it is only when sccm runs the package when no user is logged on that it won’t work? I was thinking it was a permissions problem but the sccm service account has admin access to the computer and I have the sccm install parameters set install for system only when no user is logged on.

Do any of you se something I am missing.

1 answer to this question