tdhchris06

SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANGER Warning

Question

Hello,

The SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANGER is consistently reporting the following error:

Hello,

The SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANGER is consistently reporting the warning below:

MP has rejected registration request due to failure in client certificate (Subject Name: APSP: XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX) chain validation. If this is a valid client, Configuration Manager Administrator needs to place the Root Certification Authority and Intermediate Certificate Authorities in the MPÆs Certificate store or configure Trusted Root Certification Authorities in primary site settings. The operating system reported error 2148204810: A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority.

This error is reported about 5 times every hours. I have tried taking the unique ID and matching it to any GUID fields in the database but I haven’t found a match. I have looked through most of the management point logs and I have found anything. I am slightly confused by the warning I am not sure if this is directed to a specific client or the server? I

We are using a self-signed certificate for our site. We are running SCCM 2012 SP1 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 answers to this question