monkeytennis100

80004005 error when Build and capture task sequence

Question

HI all,

Im getting task sequence drop out and 80004005 error when trying to build and capture an image of windows 7. The task sequence worked a week ago but have suddenly stopped but nothing has been changed at all.

The OS is downloaded, drivers downloaded then the drop-out occurs just as the Actual windows setup screen appears (blue background saying setting up windows", when the task sequence says "Setting up windows and configuration manager"

I have attached the log files I could find, path names from win pe are the file names.

If anyone could take a look it would be much appreciated

Thanks

EDIT: After trying again I've found another log (the one just names smsts.log) file with some more errors if anyone can understand them?

x-smstslog-smsts.log

x-windows-temp-smstslog-smsts.log

smsts.log

1 answer to this question

Ok SO.....

I think I have narrowed it down to a drivers issue, if i remove the apply device drivers step from the task sequence it does not drop out with the error but carries on as its meant too with the windows set-up box coming up saying Copying files, expanding files etc.

If i put that step back in it reverts to throwing the error every time.

Why its doing this i have no idea as It worked perfectly last week and nothing have changed at all to anything since then, no new drivers added, none deleted etc.

Can anyone see from the log file which driver(s) it might be causing the issue?

Thanks