tmccomb45

Renaming the domain

There are two things one Possible and another supported.

As per my blog post on the top, yes we can do it rather i had done that in production and it is still working fine.

For Support it depends on MS to support or not but technically this is possible and again I have done it in production.

Hope this helps

There is a lot more too it than just Edit AD and fixing a few service accounts.

To truly do this, you need to edit both the database directly and site control file. Neither of which is supported by MS unless you use their SDK.

The plain and simple fact of the matter, if you ever have problems and CSS determines it is because you renamed your domain/forest. they will wipe their hand of the whole thing.

It is far simpler to just create a new CM12 environment, Migrate everything and re-assign the client then trying to Rename your domain/forest. At least creating a new CM12 Site mean you are guaranteed to be supported by CSS.

It's not supported to even change the name of the Primary Site server, so changing the domain name is definitely not supported. Even if you'd attempt such an operation, it will in the end break for some reason. I'd suggest that you migrate your existing environment side-by-side to a new environment that you install in the new domain.