pbalderos

I would like to change which software updates as downloaded to my SCCM server

Hello all

I just finish configuring WSUS and my SUP on my SCCM server but seem to have made an error in judgment.

During the setup of the SUP I was given the option to select which software updates to received form Microsoft:

Security, Critical, Office etc. Well I selected one called updates and I think that was a general option which is why I have

like 1,000.00 updates siting in the All Software Updates section. I would like to do the following

1) reconfigure which updated I subscribe to (hopefully this does not involve removing sup or WSUS)

2) Remove all of the updates and resync from WSUS from scratch.

before you reconfigure anything, check if any software update has been downloaded or if you are simply looking at the index of available software updates..

before you reconfigure anything, check if any software update has been downloaded or if you are simply looking at the index of available software updates..

The only steps I took so was adding the WSUS role and then the SUP in SCCM. From there I schedule the sync to everyone 1 day.

Once I looked under All Updates section there were tons of updates there. I'll check in about an hour when I am able to log back in.

Thanks

so you are looking to remove the metadata of already synced updates from SCCM and configure only the products /classification what you need ?

You can either Uninstall the SUP, clean up WSUS, and reinstall the SUP that takes care of removal of all Updates from DB OR

you have something to run query on SQL Server http://scif.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=%20Deleting%20SCCM%20Updates

so you are looking to remove the metadata of already synced updates from SCCM and configure only the products /classification what you need ?

You can either Uninstall the SUP, clean up WSUS, and reinstall the SUP that takes care of removal of all Updates from DB OR

you have something to run query on SQL Server http://scif.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=%20Deleting%20SCCM%20Updates

Hello Eswar,

I ended up removing SUP from SCCM and removing the WSUS role from my server. I then added WSUS role again and added SUP to

My SCCM server. This is what I did different this time

1) when I reinstalled Sup site role I elected to delete superseded updates as soon as no updates came out

2) in products and classification I only selected critics updates and security updates.

I then let the synced the updates from the SCCM and let it run over night. I went to check the All updates section under

application management node and there are about 354 new not expired updates :) but the old expired updates are still there :(

I did notice also that the previouse syncs that I performed on the wsus console are still there even after I removed the WSUS role

Hmmm, scratching my head.

At thoughts on that? I know it's against best practice to make any changes in the WSUS console.

Phil