offrock

find windows product key in sccm 2012 sp1

Hi!

In fact i'd like to create a report via report builder to know the licence key information installed on client machine! but it doesn't matter now.

My real goal is to create a report to know how build a report with when i type a computer name, the result give me his distribution point.

Do you have an idea?

Thanks

My real goal is to create a report to know how build a report with when i type a computer name, the result give me his distribution point.

which DP a client is using is not stored within the CM12 database.

hi !!

if there is a package to send to a computer, i'd like that the computer technician find quickly at what distribution point he has to send it (there are 80 DP and a lot of subnet). I know it's possible to find but i'd like to do it faster (thanks to a report in my case).

Hi GarthMJ !!

I agree with you, i'm sorry but it's a request of my boss and yes the tech doesn't need to know about dp information. The tech only deploy the package. I suppose this information is important for the delivery of a new package (what dp to choose compared with a computer collection). I hope you understand my english !! <_<

Ok so it is for new packages only. There is no directly linked between DPs and clients.

I assume that the tech should know what server name translate out to which graphic location. They select the right server or DP group and deploy the application to that server/group.

Why not send it to all DPs or to a DP Group? Isn't the package need at all sites or a group of sites?