pbalderos

Received over 1,000 Expired updates after syncronizing SUP and WSUS for the first time. Not sure how to remove them

I am trying to figure out how to remedy a bunch of expired Microsoft updates (1,000+) that Is showing up in my SCCM console

after I ran my first sync once WSUS and SUP was installed. Below are the steps take so far:

1. Removed SUP role from my site server (SCCM)
  2. Removed WSUS from Server 2012
  3. Restarted server
  4. Reinstalled WSUS (I noticed that the 2 previous synchronizations I performed from the WSUS console on the server was still there as if I never deleted WSUS.)
  5. Reinstalled SUP on the site server (SCCM). This time from the product list I only selected Security updates as opposed to: Security, Critical, and just plain old updates, which is why I think I have over 1,000 expired updates

Also I elected to delete the expired updates as soon as they are superseded.

I then let the synced the updates from the SCCM and let it run over night. I went to check the All updates section under application management node and there are about 648 new none-expired updates but the old expired updates are still there (over 1,000) I did notice also that the previous syncs that I performed on the WSUS console are still there even after I removed the WSUS role Hmmm, scratching my head.

are they really expired updates or something went wrong with them ?

can you check update Released update ? if they are old and expired,no need to worry about them,but if you still need to remove them from DB,you can try the query which i posted in earlier for you.

• Like 1

are they really expired updates or something went wrong with them ?

can you check update Released update ? if they are old and expired,no need to worry about them,but if you still need to remove them from DB,you can try the query which i posted in earlier for you.

Thanks Eswar, I think I will remove SUP and also follow these steps to remove the database.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/f447e7d6-7007-4eb6-b38b-90f92525e092/how-to-uninstall-wsus