LouPetridish

Installing Hotfix For ConfigMgr 2012 Client

Question

Question:

I have SCCM 2012 running. Installed the ConfigMgr 2012 Client on my machine and also had the CU2 update hit soon after.

Everything installed and the Client went from version 5.00.7804.1000 to 5.00.7804.1202

Since we still haven't fully migrated from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 I went and pushed Client 2007 to my machine which removed the 2012 Client and installed Client 2007.

Then a few days later I figured I was going to use my machine as the primary machine for a bunch of testing and re-pushed Client 2012 to my machine. It re-installed itself however now I am not getting the CU2 update.

Is there something that I have to reset for my machine to notice that it needs CU2 again?

Thank you.

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I assume you deployed the CU2 client update using the package/program that the Hotifx instalaltion creates. Create a Collection of the computers not having the CU2 update installed and deploy the package again to those computers.

Here is how you can create that Query, just change the client version. http://www.scconfigmgr.com/2013/04/02/upgrade-configmgr-2012-sp1-clients-with-the-cu1-update/

regards,
Jörgen

It was done under Software Library > Application Management > Packages. In there I have a fodler called Configuration Manager Updates which was the CU2 update sitting.

Let me take a look at what you suggested.

*** All fixed. Thanks Jorgen. I ended up creating a copy of the previous collection and just made some modifications to force it to rerun.

Client is now 5.00.7804.1300 instead of 5.00.7804.1202 like I stated previously. CU1 is 1202 and CU2 is 1300.

Thank you again!