nthulke

Deploying win7 Ent via SCCM stuck on last task

Hello,

I have created a Win 7 SOE image for our company and since I updated the image last it is now getting stuck on the last step for several hours.

I have a blank Win7 image only a few slight mods done to it for an SOE.

My task seq pushes the image names the PC by its asset tag, adds to the domain, and then applies our SOE software needed the last step is to install office 2010 it now gets to the end of that task and sits there for a few hours.

I have logged into the evenveiwer and found that office 2010 installed ok and it is something else causing it to stop. this is the event log I get:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 14/08/2013 4:17:38 PM
Event ID: 4107
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: AVLA027189.xxx.xxx.xxx

Description:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">4107</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-08-14T06:17:38.194540800Z" />
<EventRecordID>1151</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="1064" ThreadID="3476" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>AVLA027189.rav.vic.gov.au</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>http://www.download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3/static/trustedr/en/authrootstl.cab</Data>
<Data>A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

What would this be and why would this just start happening now after a few successful deployments?

Once it does timeout and restart the image is ok but I would like it to restart in a timley fasion not timeout after 6 hours.

Regards,

Nat

Well I fell silly......

Just been trying again to get it going and was building a image with 2010 pre installed and found it installed ok.

BUT......In our envrioment we have a small office addon we run for excel which I had incorperated into my install script which was adding the file to %program files%\Microsoft Office\Office14\Library as our old SOE is XP. Now under win7x64 that file needs to be copied to %program files(x86)%Microsoft Office\Office14\Library.....So the script was stuck with xcopy asking if the location was a file or directory.

Have modified my scripts now and running several tests but I am pretty sure that is the cause of my past 5 days of frustration.