anyweb

How can I pause a task sequence in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager ?

Hello Everbody,

I think I've got a big problem.

Scenario:
I want to execute a .exe file which interactes with an existing process. The existing process runs under user context with session id 1.
Deploying a task sequence with serviceUI.exe -process:TSProgressUI.exe doesnt' work, because the task sequence and all following processes run under system context, so the process cannot interact with
the existing process.
When deploying a normal task sequence (without serviceUI.exe) and checking run this step as the following account, the task sequence runs under session id 0.

Basically, is there a possibility in SCCM 2012, to deploy or just execute a programm/skript with user interaction which can interact with a user context process in session 1?

it will work during WinPE or Windows stages of the task sequence as long as it's not during Windows setup (device driver detection stage)

Hi Anyweb,

I tried this in my windows 10 TS and it throws this error.

Failed to run the action ###########Pause Task Sequence. This version is not compatible with the version of windows your running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher. (Error: 800700D8; source: Windows)

Im using the serviceUI.exe from the MDT2012 Update 1 you linked above.

Im using a 64 bit boot image and the 64bit version of the serviceui.exe file.

Any idea why this isnt working?

Regards

Vince

that's just parsing the step, that isn't the actual step where it's failing, show me where it's failing or better yet attach the edited smsts.log file here.