anyweb

How can I pause a task sequence in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager ?

where is the file test.hta at this point ?

It is in the package so same folder as ServiceUI.exe

Replicated.

So I got this in same folder

• ServiceUI.exe (64-bit)
  • test.hta
  • pause_ts.vbs

Running the ServiceUI.exe with pause_ts.vbs works great, running another with ServiceUI.exe calling test.hta gives success code but it goes in the same second and nothing displayed.

Added HTA support in 64-bit WinPE, if F8 and run the HTA file it goes as I want..

I maybe have to try to do misstake by misstake just to see if that also gives error code 0, or try to make the pause_ts.vbs call the HTA since I know that one works.. but sounds like a real "fullösning" :)

the package ID is:P0100382 that includes the HTA, VBS and ServiceUI.exe

and I refind it here:

D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\P0100382

so I assume it runs from that folder, or could that be the problem... I saw some put all in a .cmd file and use relative path (tilde)%dp0 etc..

well based on this

Command line : [X:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe TEST.HTA] InstallSoftware 3/2/2016 1:58:22 PM 1276

I think it's looking in x:\windows\system32 for the TEST.HTA file

• Like 1

well based on this

Command line : [X:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe TEST.HTA] InstallSoftware 3/2/2016 1:58:22 PM 1276

I think it's looking in x:\windows\system32 for the TEST.HTA file

Thanks a lot, that would make sense that it doesn't work any maybe mshta.exe give exit code if ran but not finding a HTA file... I might test to hard code the path to run:

X:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\P0100382\test.hta

just to see if it works.. if it does, then yeah spot on that was the issue.

I didn't had to do it for pause_ts.vbs so therefor thought it wasn't needed here either but it could be a dangerous assumption.

getting late here, will try it tomorrow and post back

thanks!

wow! thank you so much, that was the issue, if I put X:\WINDOWS\system32\mshta.exe D:\_SMSTaskSequence\Packages\P0100382\test.hta my HTA shows up! of course I wont keep that path must use a varaible but 95% of the battle is done.

So I still don't understand why the VBS file doesn't need a path but the HTA needs but doesn't matter.

I love this forum it has helped me so much before by reading and now by these post, will try to hang around and try to give back something also and help others.

• Like 1

i'd recommend you copy the test.hta somewhere like %temp% and access it from there instead of from the package path

Hi all,

I know this form is a few weeks old but I am having a heck of time trying to figure out why my pause in TS is not working. First off, I am trying to deploy my TS to existing imaged PCs in attempt to install several applications and to give my users a warning screen informing them that this installation is about to occur. I have tried the steps from anyweb in this earlier form but no avail. I keep receiving the below error message. I also added the Toolkit package pointing to MDT in case I am missing any files. And the Task Sequence package I have listed below consist of only the ServiceUI.exe and the .hta file.

Not sure what I'm overlooking but any help would be appreciated.

post-22069-0-86392400-1458920747.png

post-22069-0-40583600-1458920752.png

post-22069-0-89401900-1458920755.png

So I am trying to repurpose this script to pause a TS that must be run from the user's desktop while logged in.  Everything works fine, I was able to change the text around to be informative to the user as needed and when they click OK or close the windows the TS progresses.  What I was trying to do was instead of an indefinite pause, to use the timer option of msgbox.  So basically I want the window to pop up and wait for whatever time I decided upon and then close and continue when the timer runs out.  Can you assist in this if possible?  I've researched some other TS pause options but this one works great and I just hoped to be able to modify it slightly for my use case.