senseiTX

Some packages stuck Install Pending after Copy Packages wizard

Question

I used the guides here to help setup a SCCM 2007 branch distirubion point, they were very helpful and everything went fine. It's up and running and in an existing boundary. I started moving packages over one at a time by right clicking them > Manage Distribution Points > Copy the package to a new distribution point. That worked great, the packages installed as expected but I have quite a few so I searched and found the Copy Packages Wizard. It sounded like exactly what I needed so last night I kicked off that process.

This morning all of the packages that did not already exist on the branch DP were installed successfully overnight. The 8 - 10 packages that I had already copied over individually using the Manage Distribution Points Wizard are all stuck in Install Pending state.

What log files should I be looking at to chase this down? I don't see anything related in the sender.log

1 answer to this question

UPDATE: I deleted a package using the Manage Distribution Points wizard. Then used the same to copy it over individually. It eventually installed correctly. I expect this will fix the other 9 or so packages that are currently in Install Pending state. This seems odd to me that it did not work because MS documentation makes it seem like it should:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680476.aspx

When you select packages for copying, those packages will be copied to the destination distribution point, even if they have already been copied previously.