npsinghnz

cannot see sms_sitesystemtositeserverconnection or sms_sitesystemtositeserverconnection_win

Question

6 answers to this question

are you saying you cannot see the attachments or what ?

I can see all images but as per my research on google this connection/account is made when we have a secondary SMS server. My single PC sms 2003 does not have this sms_sitesystemtositeserverconnection account etc.

As for the "Topic has attachmentsPart 2:", I am not sure how it got there and I cannot edit it now. I am still trying to though.

I was trying to follow all the steps of your guide!

ah ok,

see below (taken from my SCCM 2007 setup but you should get the idea) :-

Note: SMS_SiteSystemToSiteServerConnection_sitecode and SMS_SiteToSiteConnection_sitecode are local groups created on the site server.

If you are deploying a simple setting with all roles on the same server these two groups will be empty and adding the "local" computer account means nothing. It's only when some of the roles are on other servers that these groups contains computer accounts. What's more - the other servers should be automatically added to the necessary groups during install/setup of the other ConfigMgr servers. The only necessary manual intervention will be if servers are later removed, in which case you should manually remove these computer accounts from the above SMS groups.

ah ok,

see below (taken from my SCCM 2007 setup but you should get the idea) :-

Anyway thanks for this guide. I got one working setup by the help of blogcastrepository but pictures are way better than the video. Now will try to add USMT and ZTI in it. My setup works well now.

SR1=windows 2003 R2 ENT

SMS=windows 2003 ENT, SMS 2003 sp2, SQL 2000 Dev version patched with SP4,

Both in VMware and using XP SP2 as a client to test. Though GPO installs work the best.

I will create a digg account to recommend your site in the morning!