jamitupya

Deploy software through AD Groups linked to Collections in SCCM

Question

Hi All,

i've been trying to figure this out for a while but keep failing totally and in utter dispair i need to ask how i can do this

I want to deploy software through AD Groups linked to Collections in SCCM.

Is there an easy way to do this, can somebody give me a basic run down on how this should occur? i want to learn it but it is just one elusive SOB at the moment :S

Cheers

Two new questions:

-I'm still having issues with it updating quickly. Can someone tell me what changes I need to make to do this?

-After I run this query for the collection, how do I have it update the collection when a computer is removed? I.E. I have a computer in the AD group that builds the collection but then I remove the computer from that group. Can I have it automatically remove it from the collection?

Two new questions:

-I'm still having issues with it updating quickly. Can someone tell me what changes I need to make to do this?

-After I run this query for the collection, how do I have it update the collection when a computer is removed? I.E. I have a computer in the AD group that builds the collection but then I remove the computer from that group. Can I have it automatically remove it from the collection?

On the first one: The more often you run discoveries and (auto) update collections, the quicker new objects are updating in collections (but you need to find a balance between how often you update and the load it will generate).

On the second one: Is also done with running the discovery and updating the collection...

On the first one: The more often you run discoveries and (auto) update collections, the quicker new objects are updating in collections (but you need to find a balance between how often you update and the load it will generate).

On the second one: Is also done with running the discovery and updating the collection...

I must be missing something then. I added a computer to an AD group and it was added. I then remove it and it isn't removed from the collection. I did this close to two weeks ago.

I'm still having problems with this. If I add a new active directory group the "All Active Directory Security Groups" collection shows the new group. Membership for the groups is never updated though. If I look at the properties of a client in the "All Desktops and Servers" collection, System Group Name is never updated with the new groups, even though the computer is a member of that group in active directory. I also noticed that "AD Domain Name" is set to "<null>" and if I try to edit the Active Directory "Discovery Methods", the "Custom LDAP or GC query" Browse button only shows my parent domain. I can't select my child domain even though that is where the SCCM server is located. It worked when I first set it up but now it isn't. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

I have decided to start using this method of deploying some of our most-requested software by using AD groups. I have the process down, but am wondering what people have set for their AD System Group Discovery polling interval? Mine is currently set at once a day but I wanting to reduce it so if a user requests software, then they'll have it installed when they come in the next day. I'm thinking maybe 12 hours or maybe 6 hours? I am running R3, but unfortuneately delta discovery doesn't solve this problem.

Thanks!

So, I have this set up using Standalone mode via SCCM for my App-V apps. How do I prevent an application from running or remove it from the client without having to remote in and manually remove it from the Application Virtualization Client Management Console once a user no longer needs an application?

Scenario: I have computer part of Security Group "Mozilla Firefox", this computer no longer needs Mozilla Firefox, so I remove the computer from the "Mozilla Firefox" Security Group, this will prevent it being published to the computer. How can I automate the removal from the computer? Msiexec /x command?

So, I have this set up using Standalone mode via SCCM for my App-V apps. How do I prevent an application from running or remove it from the client without having to remote in and manually remove it from the Application Virtualization Client Management Console once a user no longer needs an application?

Scenario: I have computer part of Security Group "Mozilla Firefox", this computer no longer needs Mozilla Firefox, so I remove the computer from the "Mozilla Firefox" Security Group, this will prevent it being published to the computer. How can I automate the removal from the computer? Msiexec /x command?

Disregard. Here it is. http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/677-automatic-removal-of-applications/