larsschuh

Application Installation fails during TS 0x80004005

Hi guys,

I've the issue that all Install Application Steps in my Win7 x64 Tasksequence fail, but Install Package Actions run normaly.

I get Error:80004005 Source:Unknown. We use SCCM 2012 SP1 with CU2 installed.

It would be create and would rescue my holidays if someone could help me with this Problem.

I've attached the smsts.log for more details.

Thx,

Lars

log1.log

It's failing to install Office 2010. It looks like the task starts to install Office 2010 Standard at 5:12, and then fails around 5:28.

If you're deploying apps using a variable, make sure the app is configured to allow it to be installed without being advertised. Without that enabled, it will fail.

14 minutes is also interesting -- have you configured the install to run for only 14/15 minutes? If so, are you certain this is enough time to finish in your environment? Make sure the setup is 100% automated -- if it's not, it will never finish and you'll end up with this error.

I interpit the logs as saying this:

5:12 - Install Office

5:18 - Are you done? (no response)

5:23 - Are you done? (no response)

5:28 - Are you done? (no response)

5:28 - This step failed, and the Task sequence says to not continue if this task fails, so abort

Hi Joe,

thanks for your help! Yes the time for the Office Installation is enough, i tired it out. I also set the "install without being advertised" checkbox. I found 2 points that are interesting, too.

1. When I set the "continue on error" step it will go on and fail with the next application. So I set "continue on error" at every step in TS. Now, at the end of TS all applications fail, and all packages run successfully.

2. On some machines, the TS run completely and everythings is perfect, On others, I've this strange Problem.Till now I did not find out the Problem. What is the difference between this machines?

Maybe this Information will help

Thanks,

Lars

I'll run another TS with every "continue on error" step, and post the smsts.log again.

Not sure if this help

microsoft.com/hotfix/KBHotfix.aspx?kbnum=945783&kbln=en-us to resolve this issue

Download and install the hotfix, manually extract the files to a temporary location. To mount the Winpe.wim file, run the Imagex.exe tool using this command: IMAGEX.EXE /mountrw Path of the WinPE .WIM 1 Staging area and then copy the new Winload.exe file and Winresume.exe file to the System32/boot directory of the mounted Winpe.wim file. Then copy the new Setbcdlocale.dll to the System32 directory. To unmounts Winpe.wim, use the Imagex.exe tool with / commit syntax on this command: IMAGEX.EXE / commit

http://www.errorSPAM!/windows/update-0x80004005.html

Cheers,

Andy

Hi,

Are your detection method alright? With MSI Files it's done with the MSI Product Code. For Office for example there is no MSI file. So I check if winword.exe exists in the folder "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office14" (64bits Windows and Office 2010 x86).

Thib

Hi guys,

the problem is solved.That's the good message! The bad message is, that i don't know why. I changed nothing and all deployment of of machine types (Desktop,Laptop,VM,"Known Clients") where successfull! So thanks for your help. In the next few weeks I''ll have more time for Troubleshooting and will surely post the solution/reason for my Problem.