catsky

How to tell the language that SCOM installed as from registry

Question

Hi, All

I has installed SCOM 2012 on my Server. How could I tell which language version of SCOM has been installed from registry? Thanks.

I look through the following reg path, can't find any language related key or values.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\System Center Operations Manager

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure there is a way to do this.

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything online about it. The only thing that I could might relate is the key you already looked at:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Operations Manager\3.0\Setup\ specifically the keys CurrentVersion, ServerVersion, and UIVersion references.

But, I haven't found anything to verify that these references relate to the language. I'm just thinking if there are different versions for different languages.

Hey Catsky,

I did some more searching and I think I found a Registry Key that might help you.

I recently installed SCOM 2012 R2, and there is a registry key in the following location:

NOTE: The SID/GUID references may be different depending on your version/location installation.

SCOM Console Registry Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\6143C140EC7820B419E8F6CD592F143D\InstallProperties\

SCOM Server Registry Key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\EB72729C21DB0414696A72B64A6FA01C\InstallProperties\

Look at the Language registry key. It will have a hexadecimal language code (I've attached 2 screenshots).

SCOM Registry Key - Console.png

SCOM Registry Key - Server.png

I know this is an old topic, but I was browsing around and thought I'd post an answer in case it helps future visitors...

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd346950.aspx this link will show all of the decimal values for the languages. So 1033 is English (United States).

Hope it helps someone.

www.culham.net