edwinyee82

WDS and Drivers questions

Question

I have drivers setup into 2 folders in WDS and have DriverGroup1 disabled.

Folder structure for Drivers

Laptop drivers (this includes drivers from Dell E6410, E6320, and E6430)

Desktop drivers (this includes drivers from Dell 380 and 7010)

After deploying the image to a laptop, WIFI driver is incorrect. It seems to be using the E6430 driver for all WIFI devices. What am I doing wrong or not doing correctly?

2 answers to this question

WDS has a ‘Filters’ feature to help you manage your drivers specifically for situations like this. You can create filters to make sure that only the drivers for that model are used. The TechNet Article ‘Managing and Deploying Driver Packages’ has detailed instructions that should help you with creating your filters.

Hope this helps,

David

Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

The Springboard Series on TechNet

I have drivers setup into 2 folders in WDS and have DriverGroup1 disabled.

Folder structure for Drivers

Laptop drivers (this includes drivers from Dell E6410, E6320, and E6430)

Desktop drivers (this includes drivers from Dell 380 and 7010)

After deploying the image to a laptop, WIFI driver is incorrect. It seems to be using the E6430 driver for all WIFI devices. What am I doing wrong or not doing correctly?

Hi edwinyee82,

I have a WDS with a lot of Dell Drivers where each model has his own folder. I have update this models and at this moment I have not problem with wifi devices. Maybe something is wrong in your driver database. As I can read, you have few models updated then I suggest rebuild drivers database from the begining.

I remember, in the past, when I deployed a specific model of dell (sorry I dont remember now the model), WDS give a incorrect driver failing the installation with a blue screen (it was a nvidia model).

If you decide rebuild, rememberm you have to delete first drivers update in WDS role and after it, delete it physically.