xla1234

all clients show components as installed, not enabled

I have been banging my head on the keyboard for three weeks with this one.

I built a 2008 R2 server with SCCM 2012 on it, connecting to a SQL 2008 server. They talk fine with each other.

SCCM has the boundary and boundary groups set up. I have ad discovery (tried with and without subnets) and those work.

Auto installing the client upon discovery works.

The clients find their MP and know their site code. All clients show approved (automatically) in the console - mpcontrol log lists 200 OK

The logs show that they prepare their scheduled eval and send it. When I initiate a hardware policy update, I can netstat and see the connection on various ports to the server

I ran wireshark (OPNET) and initiated a reinstall and can see communication between the client and the server and the server and the sql server.

Everything seems to work correctly, I find some errors in the logs, but nothing that jumps out as the cause.

The problem is all clients have components listed as not installed and only machine and user policy retrieval listed.

In the console, the clients show Client Check - no results, nothing under Hardware or Software scan

I have researched THOROUGHLY on the internet on all logs as well as the issue I just described, tried a million things, redoing webdav, ccmclean, etc

Any thoughts - they would be greatly appreciated!

What about the firewall policy on the client? By default we turn off the domain firewall on all pc's, probably not it but make sure its off, and the service off. Verify no other firewalls are running. Next I would check the permission on your site code folder on the server itself. Next, make sure your AD system container in system management entry for your sms_MP-site code, has the right permissions. Your sccm server should have full permission I have mine as sccm2012$. Watch ccm client log on your clients for errors, this is your key.

Download client action tools. this standalone tool will give you all kinds of things to check on a client, wmi, firewall, policy's, repair, sccm client, client health tools. Oh and download latest right click tools they really give you a lot of tools to connect to the client!

This is what is supposed to happen, To start the process, initiate machine policy retrieval and evaluation. This is the next process not sure where I got it from but most likely this web site.

Once the agent is available on the network and the client is installed, the client goes through the following actions as part of the reporting process:

1.Client location services identify the site code and the MP it is supposed to connect to.
2.The client connects to the Management Point and downloads the policies.
3.Once the policies are downloaded it sends the heartbeat record to the server.
4.Once the server receives this heartbeat record these are converted in to DDR and processed. This will set the client flag to 1 which will make the client status display as Yes in the console.
5.On a regular basis the agent will send the heartbeat and if no heart beat or inventory shows up for a length of time then the client flag will be marked as 0 by the client flag maintenance task, setting the client status to No.

So only if this process is completed and it continues to happen will the client remain reporting to the server. This is why I said earlier that client management is a continuous task.

If this does not work, delete all ccm files on client c drive and re-install and watch log on client machine using cmtrace.exe a log trace tool.