jdurlewanger

pxe service point on server 2003

I have multiple sites in my environment. sccm 2007 sp1 is configured on a server in the main office using server 2008 r2 standard. I have a branch office server running server 2003. clients in that site are able to get windows updates without issue. I have the pxe service point configured on the master server but the branch office server is not responding to pxe requests. the shares are configured and the boot and windows images have copied over successfully.

I was under the impression that I do not need to install sccm 2007 on media servers for my remote sites. am I missing something in the configuration for these remote sites? I do not have an option to configure a new windows 2008 server at these sites. I have to use the existing server 2003 servers. they are configured as file/print servers. they have local dhcp servers on site. wds feature is installed.