pamulli

SCCM 2012 Capture Causes Connectivity Loss

I'm trying to create a Win8 image and I have installed Win8 X64 on a Hyper-V 2008 R2 VM. I created a capture disk from SCCM 2012 SP1 CU4 and run it from the VM after I've removed it from the domain. It launches fine and I'm able to tell it where to save my image. It then launches Sysprep and after a few minutes of sysprep running I lose my network connection and then it fails because it can't access the share to save the image. The host server is a healthy 2008 R2 server with other VM's that are not having any network issues. I have the virtual adapter setup as a legacy adapter. Before running the capture task I can connect to the remote share fine, but midway through the Sysprep process I can't connect to anything and no network adapter shows in Device Manager.

When I look in Hyper-V manager there is clearly an adapter for the VM setup even after it loses it and when I restart after it fails it redetects the adapter and is connected again. Any thoughts on why the sysprep phase is causing me to lose network connectivity and the virtual adapter?

Thanks,

I apparently misdiagnosed this issue and it was not a network problem. We had a drive that was using the subst command and that was causing it to fail. I wrongly assumed that when I saw the network icon show disconnected in systray that was the problem, but it was the drive. Once I deleted it the capture worked fine.

Thanks