roshanbhavsar04

how to configure WSUS on SCCM 2012 (Win Server 2012)

hey guys,

does anybody have any idea, if we can configure WSUS on windows server 2012 (which also has sccm 2012 installed on it)

I have configured sccm 2012 stand alone primary server and sql database 2012 on separate windows server 2012. but whenever I run wsus 3.0 SP2 on sccm server it shows "this program is not compatible"

can anybody brief me process or steps to configure wsus in correct way??

-thanks

we have tried to add SCCM SUP and then added WSUS on W2012, but it says..POST CONFIGURATION FAILED.

and we are not able to install WSUS properly.

You can get around that by running the WSUS admin console manually and filling out the content directory etc.

Somehow related but After that i'm experiencing an issue where WCM.log states "The installed WSUS build (0.0.0.0) does not have the valid and supported WSUS Administration DLL assembly version. Please install WSUS 3.0 SP2(minimum 3.1.6001.65) or above" whenever i try to install the software update point.. and yes, i have already installed the WSUS role on server 2012.

WSUS by itself works ok.

I got the same problem! :angry:

I got it from here (he has great SCCM 2012 R2 blogs) :

http://prajwaldesai.com/installing-wsus-for-configuration-manager-2012-r2/

Is WSUS 3.0 SP2 required on SCCM 2012 R2 running Windows Server 2012 R2 standard?

WSUS 3.0 Service Pack 2 is required for System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager. SCCM 2012 R2 supports only 64-bit site systems, you must use the 64-bit version of WSUS on one of the supported 64-bit editions of Windows Server. The WSUS 3.0 SP2 is available here:- http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5216

But when I tried to install it on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard before adding WSUS role and before installing SCCM 2012 R2 on that box. I'm stuck...

WSUS30-KB972455-x64.exe (double click to install it)

This program has compatibility issues, Windows Server Update Services Microsoft. Click button: Get help online

post-8981-0-05972600-1389159090_thumb.jpg