Chadddada

SCDPM 2012 SP1 - Problem with agent install

Question

I just stood up a SCDPM 2012 SP1 server and I am having an issue pushing an agent. I suspect that it is a firewall issue in the datacenter, between different subnets, but I am trying to verify that. I have been using a helpful guide that I found http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2012/02/06/data-protection-manager-agent-network-troubleshooting.aspx . I seem to be OK going from the DPM server to the computer I want to protect, but there seems to be an error communicating back. Should I have a successful WBEMTEST going from the protected server to the DPM server? That part fails. I pre-installed the agent to try and see if that was the issue, but it's still not working.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Event Logs:

On the DPM server:

1)In the DPM Alerts application Windows log - The agent operation failed because the DPM Agent Coordinator service on <to be protected server> did not respond: (ID: 324)

2)In the DPM console I get - Error - the protection agent operation on <to be protected server> failed because the servcie did not respond. One of the recommended actions is to look at the log on the protected server.

On the protected server:

1)In the System logs - DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <DPM server> using any of the configured protocols.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the firewall request I put through... does this communication look correct?

Source: DPM / Target: Protected / Port TCP 135

Source: Protected / Target: DPM / Port RPC Dynamic 1024-65535

Allow bi-directional communication between the source DPM server to the target server on 5718/TCP, 5719/TCP, 445/TCP

Let me know if I can provide anymore information

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet