Canada Jack

Application deployment Failed -“Could not find the policy in WMI for SCCM-Test-Package”.

Hi guys

We deployment SCCM-Test-Package to 4000 PCs (Desktop) recently, 90% are Succeeded.

I checked the execmgr.log that PChas failed. And found “Could not find the policy in WMI for package 9000046A program 01-[Desktop]-SCCM-Test-Package”. So first I think this is WMI issues. But later on I checked the execmgr.log of some PCs that shows Succeeded, it has same message in log file.

Did some google, someone said it’s a bug of SCCM 2012 SP1. But someone said this is relate to WMI that broken by other application. I am lost.

So anybody has same issues before?

Thanks

execmgr.log

Policy arrived for the package

<![LOG[Policy arrived for parent package 9000046A program 01-[Desktop]-SCCM-Test-Package]LOG]!><time="15:14:43.869+240" date="09-11-2013" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="6044" file="execreqmgr.cpp:6894">

Package was not available

<![LOG[OnContentAvailable program 01-[Desktop]-SCCM-Test-Package NOT available, 0x80091007]LOG]!><time="02:05:05.357+240" date="09-12-2013" component="execmgr" context="" type="3" thread="5992" file="executionrequest.cpp:4800">

Then you might have done something with the source

instance of SoftDistAdvertHashMismatchEvent

Redictribute the package and check and again

Policy arrived for the package

<![LOG[Policy arrived for parent package 9000046A program 01-[Desktop]-SCCM-Test-Package]LOG]!><time="15:14:43.869+240" date="09-11-2013" component="execmgr" context="" type="1" thread="6044" file="execreqmgr.cpp:6894">

Package was not available

<![LOG[OnContentAvailable program 01-[Desktop]-SCCM-Test-Package NOT available, 0x80091007]LOG]!><time="02:05:05.357+240" date="09-12-2013" component="execmgr" context="" type="3" thread="5992" file="executionrequest.cpp:4800">

Then you might have done something with the source

instance of SoftDistAdvertHashMismatchEvent

Redictribute the package and check and again

Thanks.

However I am still think: the package is deployed to 4000 PCs (Desktop), 90% are Succeeded. I mean, it's same package source file.

With the following Tool you can check and fix WMI errors (and a lot of other cool things) :

http://sccmcat.codeplex.com/

Thank you for your time.

However I run wbemtest and wmimgmt.msc on the PC that show “Could not find the policy in WMI for SCCM-Test-Package”, it didn't show any WMI problem.