P3nnyw1se

Can't I deploy a package to a single computer without creating a collection?

Just wondering,

I'm attempting to create packages for all programs at my work, I have 70-80 computers working with it.
If I want to remote uninstall, I read so far I have to create uninstall packages for each program..

Now lets assume I have deployed java update for 50 computers in collection 'A'
And want to uninstall for 2 of those, do I really have to create a somewhat temporary collection

and add those 2 computers then deploy the uninstall package?

Also, Bonus question:
I deployed a package for 8 computers as a test, and that worked well.

But!. then a user went into control panel and uninstalled the program,
Its been 25 minutes and a reboote now, and while I didn't expect it to just reinstall..
I at least expected SCCM 2012 to catch it, but it claims the program is still installed on the pc.

What am I doing wrong? or is it not possible to track if users uninstall packages by themselves?

Now lets assume I have deployed java update for 50 computers in collection 'A'

And want to uninstall for 2 of those, do I really have to create a somewhat temporary collection

and add those 2 computers then deploy the uninstall package?

Probably the easiest way to do it is create a collection, but if you can't do this just simply attach your uninstall package to a custom Task Sequence and create a WMI query so that it only runs on the 2 PCs in question within the collection of 50 PCs!

I deployed a package for 8 computers as a test, and that worked well.

But!. then a user went into control panel and uninstalled the program,

Its been 25 minutes and a reboote now, and while I didn't expect it to just reinstall..

I at least expected SCCM 2012 to catch it, but it claims the program is still installed on the pc.

With what your trying to achieve would probably be better done with applications as opposed to packages. With apps you have detection methods so if the required app does not detect itself on a system (in the event a user has uninstalled it) then it should install again.

so is there no way to detect using packages?
I'm asking cause I've build a lot of packaes, and I have all my experience with it.
I had issues getting applications to work.

I have another issued closely related.
In this problem, I had java go out on 8 machines.
I removed a computer from that collection to a
'uninstall collected' that had an 'uninstall java' deployment.. which then of course. uninstalled

Then I readded the machine to the first collecting

and instead of installing java again which I had hoped, it just remembered that the machine had 'originally' been succesfull in installing java
so it never gets back on the machine

How do I .. change my deployment so I can essentially put packages back on machines who had them removed.