Fraeco

Differant driver packages per system

Question

Hey,

We've got quite a pool of different dell systems in our network.

I was wondering what the proper way is to get them all in SCCM12 OSD.

I've got a Task Sequence in place that does the basic stuff. Defines the keyboard layout, installs a few applications, install a package, ...

But I was wondering how I would go about with the drivers. Only IT installs PC's from PXE.

I was thinking of setting a variable in the system that contains the vendor/type, and have a series of tasks in my TS that responds to the right variable, and dumps the correct driver package. Is this an acceptable way of doing things, or would it be more appropriate to copy the TS and select the right TS (depending on what PC you're imaging) from the available Task Sequences?

2 answers to this question

Hi,

I was thinking of setting a variable in the system that contains the vendor/type, and have a series of tasks in my TS that responds to the right variable, and dumps the correct driver package.

That's the way I'm managing drivers for my clients.

/kman