xc3ss1v3

Weekly Reboots

Hello all...

So, I've been asked to author and implement a reboot policy for computers in some sort of pending reboot state in regard to updates. Initiating the reboot via command line and maintenance windows is simple enough, but I was curious if any one had ideas about how to section off computers pending restarts (other than what I've come up with). I've scanned through the embedded reports with SCCM 2012 and found some that were helpful. I've also tinkered with a collection-based query that will pull in computers with a pending restart state. I figure with that, I could schedule it to update a couple hours before the scheduled reboot TS and have the TS look at that group.

Are there any better ways of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

Is this reboot requirement is only for the SUM or a general reboot policy for clients.

I guess you have a dynamic collection which collects the computer details based on the client agent scan settings.

Sometimes the computer added to the collection does not represent the accurate data.

You can use CCMeval.exe in CM 12 to incorporate any customised script based reboot policy.