SobriuS

Software Update Group SCEP shows too many Asset Count

Hello All,

I got a quick question on the behaviour of Software Update Groups.

By folloiwing the Part 6. Deploying Endpoint Protection Role... I have created the following:

1. The servershare for SCEP updates - \\servername\source\windowsupdates\EndpointProtection

2. An ADR Template which created the new package and put it in above unc path (not enabled)

3. Several ADR's for below items with the setting "Add to existing Software Update Group"

- Managed Clients

- Managed DHCP

- Managed DNS

- Managed ADDS

- And so on.

Now when I look in the Software Update Groups on the ones that now have been created, they all have a Total Asset Count of all the clients running SCEP where the ADR's have been deployd.

I.e. 400 clients, 35 servers (with different roles)

So when the ADR ADR - SCEP - Managed Servers - DHCP is highlighted and I check the Summary of it it shows a total asset count of 435, while there are only 2 DHCP servers in the environment and I have targeted the ADR towards the DHCP Device Collection.

Is this per design or have I missed something really basic?

SCCM 2012 is running SP1 CU2.

If there are any withstanding questions on this, don't hesitate to reply!