Yan

Very slow downloading of files in OSD

SCCM 2012 SP1 U1 with SQL 2008 R2 on the same box.

We have 175 PCs so 1 box has all the roles/components

Issue: downloading files takes ridiculous amount of time to download in the early parts of OSD. ie We have a task in our OSD task sequence named "Use MDT Toolkit Package"; it's 51MB and it can take 10-15 minutes to download on the local LAN (1GB). It seems to impact Application, Drivers, ... packages with multiple small files and directories. The INSTALL.WIM (4GB) file download’s fast!

To my recollection "Use MDT Toolkit Package” downloaded a lot faster when I started building this task sequence so Im not sure what changed. Maybe CU1???

SMSTS.log shows a lot of

<![LOG[Failed to open Software\Microsoft\Sms\Mobile Client\Software Distribution registry key. The client should not get checked for RWH OpLock Type]LOG]!>................. file="securityutil.cpp:796">

and

401 - Authentication failure on request with anonymous access, retrying with context credentials

401 - Authentication failure on request with context credentials, retrying with supplied credentials

Request was succesful

also I'm not sure where is the appropriate smsts.log during OSD. There is one in C:\_SMSTaskSequence\Logs, C:\Windows\CCM\Logs, X:\SMSTSLog and one in X:\Windows\Temp\SMSTSLog depending at what stage the OSD is at.

Thank for your help, this is my first time using SCCM.

p.s. Adobe Standard 10 also seems take very long to install in OSD compared to manual install in the OS.