spitfire

SCCM 2012 SP1 client doesn't instal on Windows server 2008 core

Even though http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_SupConfigClientOS says, that "The Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008 (SP2)" "x86, x64" Even supports installation of cm client for:

• System Center 2012 Configuration Manager with no service pack
  • System Center 2012 Configuration Manager with SP1

I have the latter one, but I'm asking: how is it possible? I mean, .NET framework is NOT supported od Windows Server 2008 Core installations, and ccmclient requires .NET 4.0, right? Or am I getting something wrong?

Anyway, I posted logs above, but really have no idea what is the case.

have you seen this ?

The volume that contains the OS is not the active partition. This is not support for Windows Vista and below. Please consult the product documentation for requirements when capturing an operating system image.

Failed to validate for capture.
The request is not supported. (Error: 80070032; Source: Windows)

so could it be the 'assign c: to ... in your task sequence ? have you tried making the os volume active using diskpart ?

Even though http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg682077.aspx#BKMK_SupConfigClientOS says, that "The Server Core installation of Windows Server 2008 (SP2)" "x86, x64" Even supports installation of cm client for:

• System Center 2012 Configuration Manager with no service pack

• System Center 2012 Configuration Manager with SP1

I have the latter one, but I'm asking: how is it possible? I mean, .NET framework is NOT supported od Windows Server 2008 Core installations, and ccmclient requires .NET 4.0, right? Or am I getting something wrong?

Anyway, I posted logs above, but really have no idea what is the case.

i'ts possible via switches when you install the client - see

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg699356.aspx

/skipprereq:<filename>

Specifies that CCMSetup.exe must not install the specified prerequisite program when the Configuration Manager client is installed.

Examples: CCMSetup.exe /skipprereq:silverlight.exe or CCMSetup.exe /skipprereq:dotnetfx40_client_x86_x64.exe;Silverlight.exe

clear.gifNote This property supports entering multiple values. Use the semicolon character (;) to separate each value.