JMS

SCCM 2007 primary site problems

We just recently upgraded from SMS 2003 SP 3 to SCCM 2007. THe upgrade was performed by another administrator.

Apparently everything worked for a few days and even some clients were upgraded to the sccm 2007 client.

At some point things started going wrong to the point where we were not able to even install the clients.

we keept seeing bits errors in the logs. We have try doing several things but nothing has worked. Frankly we are looking for

a way to reinstall this server without affecting the clients.

Can some one tell us which is the best way to reinstall sccm on the server without afecting the clients using the same

site name?

if i was you and I had the problems you now have, I would start from scratch and build a new SCCM server and rebuild the packages, collections and push out the client software to the clients, it will take time but then you will be totally in control of it all, right now you are in control of a mess that doesn't work

if you decide to reinstall using the same site code then take a look at this

i would never reinstall or fresh install asite UNLESS there is database corruption

anything else can be fixed.

this way you dont loose client data/application deployment data and configurations.

you need to see what errors you are getting and eliminate them one by one.

thats my opinion anyway.

Guys, we decided to do a fresh install, but I have now a new problem. We have reformated this server and did not

uninstalled the sccm2007 application porperly. I understand that by removing the sccm 2007 server applicatin it would have removed also AD objects pertaining to this site. This was a primary site that reported to a parent site.

Is there a way to manually removed the AD objects pertaining to this site safely?