Bootch

SCCM 2007 R3 Software Updates Sync : 6703 WSUS server not configured

Hi,

We run SCCM 2007 R3 in native mode (Software Update Point and WSUS both reside on SCCM site server). We're having issues running Software Updates Synchronization which have previously worked fine. In SMS_WSUS_Control_Manager the errors appear as follows

MessageID:6703

SMS WSUS Synchronization failed.
Source: CWSyncMgr::DoSync.
The operating system reported error 2147500037: Unspecified error

I've followed the suggested fixes in http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb735874.aspx but still we have an issue.

If I open the WSUS console directly and run a manual synchronization from Microsoft this completes successfully. However, I presume this will not be using SSL which is what SCCM will want to use in native mode. I've checked the bindings in IIS on WSUS Administration site to confirm that the certificate hasn't expired.

Any ideas what else I can try?

Cheers,

Paul

Since you are running in native mode, have you properly and completely configured WSUS to support SSL connections?

Note: The documentation in the System Center Configuration Manager 2007 doc set regarding WSUS and SSL is incomplete.

Please refer to the WSUS documentation for implementing SSL for complete instructions:

Secure WSUS with the Secure Sockets Layer Protocol