ahtshun83

Run bat file using SCCM 2007

What exactly is the purpose of the batch file?

Does it initiate a software install?

at first i intended to run a VB script to copy two files but it didn't run. So i thought of using a bat file to call this vb script. This is my actual bat file

?cscript "%~dp0Msgbox.vbs"

echo %~dp0

Why not use a run command line step like this and simply reference the package that contains the 2 files

xcopy ".\*.*" "c:\your_specified_directory" /D /E /C /I /Q /H /R /Y /S

This will work without the use of scripting!

Copy Files.PNG

Or if you dont want to do it via a task sequence a batch file (nameofbatch.bat) like this would do the trick:

copy %~dp0file1 "C:\Your_specified_directory" /y

copy %~dp0file2 "C:\Your_specified_directory" /y

Have the 2 files in a package along with the batch file and the program command line will be nameofbatch.bat

I know it is old topic, I have below patch that always fail in deployment using SCCM 2007 file

forfiles.exe -p %appdata%\Microsoft\Signatures\ -m *.* -d -30 -c "cmd /c del /q @path"

error as below

A failure exit code of 1 was returned. User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. An exit code of 1 is considered a failure. Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing

any suggestion.

Thank you