TheNewOne

VIsta to Win7 migration with partition onsolidation

Hello guys and girls :-)

We have SCCM 2007 SP2 environment and we are planning to migrate cca 2000 Vista SP2 clients to Windows 7 SP1.

Our goal is also to cancel second D partition on Vista systems and migrate all data from this partition with USMT tool to new Windows 7 systems with only one big (whole HD) partition. Users hardware stays untouched and we use SMP (state migration point).

I would like to ask if some of you guys already did similar OS migration refresh scenario with partition consolidation and if anyone can post some sample task sequence that can help me or just give me some direction how to solve this problem.

THX for any help.

Thx Bendes for your reply and great post about how to tune USM tool.

But I still don't know how to desegregate my D partition on Vista clients within SCCM Taks Sequence. I foundthis article on how to do it:

http://www.windowsmanagementexperts.com/consolidating-disk-partitions-in-a-windows-xp-to-windows-7-migration/consolidating-disk-partitions-in-a-windows-xp-to-windows-7-migration.htm

but with no success.

I will be very grateful if someone can post some working SCCM Task Sequence sample.