Kevin79

Block IE10

Question

I want to block IE 10 from automatically installing on computers that don't yet have the settings for SCCM WSUS. If I put the registry key in my master image to block IE 10 (KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Setup\10.0\DoNotAllowIE10) will the also prevent it from installing from SCCM if I ever decide to roll it out?

3 answers to this question

What would happen if you dont specify update rollups in the classifications of the SUP configuration?

It should not install ie10 as this is an update rollup from IE9.

If you ever decide to roll it out deploy it as a package and the standard security updates will come down for it regardless if update rollups is not specified.

This is the configuration I have set at the moment and so far no ie10 has installed automatically and I see that there are security updates for ie10 in my windows 7 ADR.

So if I do decide to deploy it out then the security updates are there for it.