bkay

SCCM 2012 R2 upgrade broken WDS/PXE

I had the same WDS crash but installing wimgapi.msi from the Installfolder\Microsoft Configuration Manager\wim\ (NOT from the install media for R2 which didn't work) solved it for me.

One reboot later and it's all on and working again.

Running it on Server 2012.

yeah I tried C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\wim\wimgapi.msi and that didn't work for me.

I also tried uninstalling System Center Endpoint Protection and that did work... I'm getting " Configuration Manager is looking for Policy" then it "PXE Boot Aborted. Booting to Next Device..." Which is alot better which means it's responding and I can work.

My with this solution is that Endpoint will probably install it self again and PXE will stop working. But I'll follow up on how it goes.

Uninstalling the console worked for me.... It was mentioned in another thread on this forum.

Apparently MS is suggesting running a PXE enabled DP on another system as a temporary work around.

After trying all of the other suggestions in this and other threads this worked for me.

Uninstalled the management console and rebooted - Removed PXE and WDS and rebooted - installed WDS and rebooted - Initialised WDS and set the reminst path - Enable PXE on the DP. I also removed a customised boot image from some of the task sequences and used the default x64 one.

Thanks D3w4yne.