randy

Advertisements not showing up on pc's

Question

Hi all,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I created a package for Office Pro 2007 and then advertised. The advertisement does not show up on the client even if made mandatory.

SCCM2007 is running in native mode, all certs are set up. It's running on Server 2008 with SQL 2008, all with the latest sp's and/or updates. Our site is just a single primary site.

I created a new collection with just my test machine in it. It's a Dell laptop, tried wireless and wired. It's got the client installed, not blocked or anything. The home page for Software Distribution shows the advertisement as not started and 0 waiting.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

first check the all systems collection on the server, is your client there and does it say 'client=Yes',

next look at package status in the System status on the server to see that your packages are listed as ok,

dont forget to distribute your packages *add them to a distribution point...*

next you can check the logs on the client in c:\windows\system32\ccm\logs

here is a full list of the logs and what they are for:

Thanks for the list.

first check the all systems collection on the server, is your client there and does it say 'client=Yes',

next look at package status in the System status on the server to see that your packages are listed as ok,

dont forget to distribute your packages *add them to a distribution point...*

yes, yes and yes. ;)

I checked the LocationServices.log and found that it couldn't resolve the default management point. I am fixing that now...

is the client/clients geting any other advertisements?

do you see hardware/software inventory up to date on those client/clients?

are you sure the package is "installed" on the d.point you sent it to?

is this d.point protected? is the client inside those protected boundaries?

I didn't realize how long it has been since I've been back here... time flies!

is the client/clients geting any other advertisements?

do you see hardware/software inventory up to date on those client/clients?

are you sure the package is "installed" on the d.point you sent it to?

is this d.point protected? is the client inside those protected boundaries?

For now I am testing with my pc as the only client for software distribution...

it is not getting advertisements... hw/sw inventory is up to date... according to system/site status the package creation and distribution was successful... and dist. points are not protected.

I am curious if having unnecessary system roles could be a problem.

I am running in native mode, published to domain services and dns, crl enabled, http roaming enabled. All of the system roles are installed except pxe, asset intelligence, system health and state migration...

The package I am trying to distribute is Visio 2007 (which is not installed on the client). The source directory is a separate file server. It's set to run whether or not a user is logged on. It is not set as a mandatory assignment (but I have tried that way too).

Client side logs

In execmgr.log I have 2 errors (the last one 3 days ago) "Software Distribution Site Settings for the client are missing from WMI" and "Common Client Agent Settings for the client are missing from WMI." I read these errors only occur until the client receives its first policy.

In the policyevaluator.log there are no errors, part of the log says "Settings update not required. No changes detected." and "Evaluation not required. No changes detected"

In several log files (certificatemaintenance.log) is "The 'Certificate Store' is empty in the registry, using default store name 'MY'."

and there is also a "Raising Event" entry after each "Certificate Store is empty" entry, with clientID, DateTime, Hresult is 0x00000000, the ProcessID and ThreadID

I wonder about this next part:

in InternetProxy.log are 2 similar errors "Couldn't find 'CCM_NetworkProxy' instance for protocol http" ... or "https"

but, I don't think the internetproxy.log is relevant since I'm on the intranet