mrbios

SCCM 2012R2 - OSD fails after client install part

Hi there,

I'm having some irritating issues since the upgrade to R2, I'm deploying a very basic image containing only a few applications. The OS Image deploys fine, the drivers deploy fine, the machine reboots to finalise the windows install and starts the boot image again to install the configmgr client. This runs through fine (or appears to) but as soon as the client install finishes I'm left with a blank screen (SCCM background wallpaper but no progress box). I have F8 support enabled in the boot image but i can't open up the F8 window while it's installing the client or while it's on the blank screen.

The process proceeds to sit on the blank screen for aggggges (I've not timed it but it's well over 5 minutes) before eventually starting into windows, albeit without completeing the rest of the task sequence.

I'll edit this post with the logs soon.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Well, i couldn't find the logs containing ANY errors whatsoever but i've managed to fix this.....it was either the setting "allow this program to be installed from the install package task sequence without being deployed" in the client install package, or it was becuase the "requirements" tab for my client manager package was ticked for "all windows 7 64bit" which i can't ever remember doing, but i assume that becuase the boot image belongs to windows 8.1 it wouldn't install the client with that ticked. Anyway, solved.