mrbios

OSD Failing to install at package install

Hi There,

I'm trying to deploy an image and as soon as it hits the .Net 4 package the imaging process instantly restarts the machine and loads windows, even if i have the F8 window open at the time.

It gets to 80-90% on downloading the package at the point it restarts.

Logs attached, but I'm unsure which logs i need as it leaves behind the _SMSTaskSequence folder in the root of C:, I've taken the smsts logs from both their and the Windows\CCM\Logs folders...

This image installs the OS, drivers, office and a bunch of other apps fine up until the .net 4 or .net 4.5 tasks (both get the same error) ticking to continue on error has no effect, nor does having the F8 command window open.

I should add the following two snippets of information:

These worked fine before upgrading to 2012R2.

I moved my sources share where the installers are held to a different drive not long after the upgrade to 2012 as i was running out of space, this meant redoing the share and security permissions on a new sources folder which i think i did correctly. Other applications and packages are installing fine from within the sources folder though.

Thanks

smsts from ccm logs.log

smsts from smstasksequence.log

smsts-20131031-155404.log

smsts-20131031-230023.log

I'm yet to try deploying to an existing machines (will test this soon)

I've tried deleteing the packages completely and recreating and redistibuting them but that hasn't made any difference sadly, machine still instantly reboots itself once it gets to this point in the task sequence.

Even though it's a given, this is the command my package runs: "dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /q /norestart /ChainingPackage ADMINDEPLOYMENT"

Looks like the .net application was a bit of a red herring. I tried sticking a restart in before the dotnet install and it restarted itself part way through running perperation to run the restart task.

Seems like it's either dropping out once a set amount of data is downloaded to the laptop or after a set amount of time, very strange.

It's ok, i've found the issue.

I've got 5 applications in one application section of the sequence and i think one of those is wanting a restart but isn't initiating one, as soon as i remove that application from the task sequence everything goes fine. Interestingly though this is only an issue since the 2012R2 upgrade, worked fine this way previously. The application in question also appears quite early in the sequence so it must only bomb out once it hits another application that wants a reboot.

Put it into it's own application sequence now to see if that resolves it.

Thanks

EDIT: that fixed it, huzzah!