Kevin79

2012R2 Secondary site error

I recently upgraded to SCCM 2012 R2. Now my secondary sites are getting the following error in the SMS_MP_CONTROLLER_MANAGER log file:

Source: SMS Server

Component: SMS_MP_CONTROL_MANAGER

Severity: Error

Message ID: 5420

Process ID: 1952

Thread ID: 4876

Description: Management Point encountered an error when connecting to the database <database name> on SQL Server <server name>\CONFIGMGRSEC. The OLEDB error code was 0x80040E14.

The database is the version that is included with SCCM, so 2012 SQL (Express?) with Service Pack 1 and is one the secondary site server. Any idea how to resolve this error?

Check the version of SQL Express that's being installed. I noticed that I had to manually install SP1 on SQL Server 2012 Express.

i noticed the same, and was shocked that Microsoft is installing a three year old SQL Version with the R2 release. but well.

SP1 is now installed, i will wait for some days and then post again if this solved the issue.... cheers