Robert R.

Cannot install .NET 3.5 on Windows 8.1 during OSD TS

Hello -

Anyone here experience this during the installation of .NET 3.5 during an OSD task sequence for Windows 8.1?

Failed to run the action: Run Command Line - Install .NET 3.5.
Unknown error (Error: 800F081F; Source: Unknown)
The execution of the group (Install .NET 3.5) has failed and the execution has been aborted. An action failed.
Operation aborted (Error: 80004004; Source: Windows) TSManager 11/5/2013 3:53:35 PM 2784 (0x0AE0)
Failed to run the last action: Run Command Line - Install .NET 3.5. Execution of task sequence failed.
Unknown error (Error: 800F081F; Source: Unknown) TSManager 11/5/2013 3:53:35 PM 2784 (0x0AE0)

I've tried the method that was outlined on this site last year (which worked just fine in our Windows 8 TS). Also tried pointing the source of .net to a network share instead of copying the package contents to a local folder on the system (My cmd on the TS was DISM.exe /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFx3 /All /LimitAccess /Source:"\\SF-MIS\MIS\Appswinnt\.net 3.5\SXS") - still failed

I attached the smsts.log where the error occurred.

Any advice will be appreciated

Cheers

-Robert

smsts.log

Hi Mate,

I was having the same issue when I was trying to get it running on my Windows 8.1 OSD.

Are you still using the Windows 8 SXS files? The Windows 8.1 ones are different and it will fail if you try to use the older ones.

I do use a source which I copy to the temp folder on the machine but I don't know if that is relevent to your issue.

Cheers

Rhys