Elscorpio

Install Lenovo drivers during OSD SCCM 2012 SP1

I use the Lenovo Update Retriever. You select the model number eg: 10A9, name it in the repository eg: Thinkcentre M93p. Then select the OS that you want to download the drivers for. The Update retriever grabs the newest drivers for that model and OS and stores them into your repository. From there once the drivers are downloaded you extract them from the GUI to the network location that SCCM will import them from. It is a little arduous but at least it is better than having to manually DL all of the drivers individually and extract. This has saved me a ton of time with Lenovo drivers.

I got all of this working by using the first part of the MTM number in the Lenovo BIOS.

Is there a best practice for importing the Lenovo drivers into SCCM? Im especially thinking of Lenovo models sharing the same drivers? I have a constant problem with the drivers disappearing from the driver packages in SCCM 2012

Does anyone know the exact correct WMI string for letting it select M93p based on the MTM number in the BIOS ? See attached screenshotattachicon.gifwmi_query.jpg

try

Select * FROM Win32_ComputerSystem WHERE Model Like "10A8%" OR Model Like "10AA%" OR Model Like "10A6%"

m93.png

I went this direction with that since we have multiple model numbers for the M93p:

SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystemProduct WHERE Version LIKE "%ThinkCentre M93%"

Also, don't import the i217LM NIC drivers from Lenovo for this model, grab them from Intel. The Lenovo version randomly causes ipv6 storms when the machines go to sleep.

Yeah I prefer using 'version' for Lenovo too - it makes the query more readable (and shorter). For Dell and HP we use 'model', which similarly is more human readable. No idea why Lenovo (or was it IBM) decided to make 'model' so cryptic ...